Saturday, November 26, 2005

AmazinGrace - 25 November 2005

GESL is finally over.. well, at least the main event is over and what's left is the usual reflections and the 6 Ws.. for the uninitiated, that's "What went well?" and "What went wrong?".. I shall not bore you with that here, and spare you all the details.. of course, the main reason is that I don't wanna do it now and have to go through it again the second time when the group meets.. whatever it is, itz over, and with that, the final assignment of this year.. HOLS..

well, the day started with bad weather, vividly remember waking up at 6 to see lightning flashes and hear thunder roaring.. *my prayers were answered* knowing that the event still had to go on, I woke up to prepare my "wet-weather gear", which meant ziplock bags, groundsheet, the goretex jacket, blah blah.. AmazinGly, the rain seems to slow to a rather heavy drizzle by 7 and I figured that was AmazinGrace indeed.. so well, off to Sentosa with Jack (thanks a lot for all the trips that you made in the Civic)

got there early, and waited for kinda long for the rest of the station masters to turn up, which they eventually did.. gathered, got briefed, set out on our way.. found myself a real cosy spot under the tower at my station (Southern most point of the Asian Continent if you really wanna know), set out my groundsheet and started to wait.. first team came in after quite a long wait, and after an even longerrrrr wait, the second and third teams came in simultaneously..

then after a rather longggg wait too, the fourth team came.. followed by the fifth.. DUH! after that, I packed up and went for lunch.. so there were event planned for after lunch but well, things didn't exactly go as planned, so the kids had free time on the beach.. after that, we sent them on their way to the transport and we were on our way homes..

guess it was a really tiring day, and the incessant drizzle was quite irritating too, but I must say it was a day well-spent.. even though it started as a "How can they force us to do community service?" thing, I believed that each and everyone of us went through the whole thing with their best efforts, and can be proud to come away saying "How can they force us to do community service?".. Because forcing us to do it degrades the value of community service, done becoz it's compulsory and not becoz we were willing to do it..

granted that most of us would not have done it if it wasn't compulsory, but well.. mixed feelings here.. anyway, the event is over, so thatz that.. many thanks to all the people of Grp 22 - PathFinders (corny, but yeah..) for the great time.. and especially to my Logistics team - Jack, Liang, Maggie, and Del-Del - for all the effort put in and for all the help given throughout the entire planning and 'putting into action' process.. you guys n gals have been great!

alritey, now that the last thing that has pre-occupied my mind for the past week has disappeared, I'm lost again, and stay tuned for even more crappy posts from now on as my brain goes through itz usual vegetative state throughout the hols.. stay away, check back only in January if you cannot stand meaningless post.. haha.. I'm joking, not.. =P


View from the top of "MY" tower!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow man, i suggest U change the color and font style, v dfficult to read le dude! I have to go on a protest by not reading anymore haha "-)

11:27 am, November 29, 2005  
Blogger Fallen Angel said...

haha.. colour maybe.. let mi think about it.. font style, nah, no way.. I like this font too much.. hahas.. =P

11:48 am, November 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home