Tuesday, March 28, 2006

CBD

no la.. not Central Business District but Compulsive Blogging Disorder.. yeah, thatz what I think I'm suffering from at the moment.. even after the two rounds of verbal diarrhoea earlier on, I still am feeling the urge to blog some more.. I don't know why.. CBD.. argh..

oh well, running out of issues to discuss, so let's bore you with the usual mundane stuff again then.. hmm.. doing lesson plans as usual, reaching a maximum speed of 2 LP/hr (for the uninitiated, thatz 2 lesson plans per hour), which I think is pretty fast la.. haha.. of coz, thatz just the LPs la.. not including the accompanying worksheets la, powerpoint la, samples la.. blah blah.. accessories sold seperately, batteries not included.. u get the idea..

had my first formal CT observation for E Lang yesterday too, passed all, thatz wat really matters ain't it? one thing my CT said struck me.. again, can't rem the exact words, but they meant something to the effect of "you have very good worksheets, but you don't utilise them to their full potential" which I somehow juz drew a parallel to a brillant tatician who never seems capable enough to execute his/her plans to maximum effect..

is that down to a lack of experience? or is that just something lacking in me? not that I'm really affected by that, becoz I realise that about myself too.. (I meant the very good worksheets part la.. haha..) so well, I don't know.. maybe you can help me answer that.. another round of observation coming up this Friday.. by my EL CT again, and this time accompanied by the SCM who happens to be my ELL HOD as well.. siao liao lor.. and my sup should be coming next week.. oh well, narrow window in the practicum period for observations I guess.. itz scary how your future hangs in the balance for a comparatively short period of three weeks.. =P argh.. enough of observations.. I have 7 to go, 5 after Friday.. so well, that's half of them gone.. almost..

feeling kinda lost tonight.. wondering why too.. perhaps coz I've been typing too much here.. but I think it's coz I'm feeling lost which is why I'm typing so much here.. trying to find a direction somewhere, but it's just not happening.. left sch really early today, 2pm in fact, went for lunch with my fellow trainee, then headed home.. wanted to sleep but couldn't, so stayed awake and did 4 lesson plans which I owed myself.. (meant for prev lessons actually).. don't get me wrong, I did plan the lessons, juz that I didn't type them out, scribbling them on recycled paper instead..

students are a weird bunch.. when you expect them to behave, they don't, and when you don't expect them to behave, they don't as well.. weird rite? anyway, was doing relief today, so went in, kids came fifteen minutes late, nvm.. still made so much noise, so basically blasted them and they were like angels for the next half an hr.. which makes me wonder.. why not behave in the first place to spare yourself that roasting? or does good behaviour only come after the "hair dryer" treatment? I'm really tempted to believe the latter.. and so far, it's been proven right..

and oh, something really funny.. during that relief class.. walked past this kid who suddenly said.. "cher, u smell good".. gosh.. if it's the first period, I might agree la.. but this was like 1315, 15 minutes before sch ends.. and I had 4 periods todae in class.. so well.. I don't know.. you smell me.. oops.. I meant, you tell me.. which reminds me.. this kid who came up to me and told me "cher, your hair the side very nice.. how u style one?", and I was like.. "er, ask the barber to cut slope?".. funny how kids notice everything else but the stuff that you want them to take note of.. "cher, you got say must bring meh?", "huh, got write on the board meh?", "cher, I never hear leh.." being very obvious examples of that huh.. oh well..

anyway, was talking to david the other day.. about notti kids and good kids.. and how there can be many students who can spoil your day, but how it takes just one kid to make your day, to make you smile and think it's all worth it.. my CT certainly thinks so too.. and I definitely think so too.. have experienced it already and it just makes everything else so unimportant, except maybe the issue about teachers not being allowed to blog.. haha.. these are the moments I call the "Kodak moments of your heart" I guess..

hmm.. guess I've blabbered enough for tonight and for many nights to come.. but there's the most important, most special persion that I want to reserve the remaining words for..

to my dearest leng, know that we've both been really busy and all, and that I don't have much time to pei you, but I want you to know that you're always there in my mind, and that special place in my heart.. guess it was really fate that we both ended up at the same place last saturday even though we didn't arrange to meet up huh.. well, do take care at work alrite, and as always, won't promise you eternal love, but hope as always too, that a lifetime is enough.. Love you..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home